How does it work?
• If you are happy for us to be your courier, we or a trusted third party come to collect your package or documents. We then organise the fastest, safest and best mode of transport for your particular delivery.
• Our extremely close proximity to Heathrow Airport means we have easy access to all flights. We therefore hand-deliver your package to the appropriate airline and place it on the first available flight to your chosen destination.
• When it arrives, a reliable courier collects your package on behalf of Expressair, and drives it straight to its destination.
• We then confirm by email or phone that your package or documents have been delivered.
What can I send?
Over the years we’ve delivered all sorts of items all over the world, from wedding dresses to legal contracts, Christmas trees to glass samples. Whilst we will do our utmost to accommodate your needs, there are some items we don’t deliver. Please call us to confirm that we can deliver your item and to receive a quotation.
How should I package my delivery?
• For documents, we provide a specialist Expressair pouch, which is simple to seal and send and ensures your documents are protected throughout the journey.
• For objects and larger items, use a durable cardboard box secured shut with lots of tape.
• Make sure that any fragile items are completely surrounded by padding in the box so that they cannot move around. This could either be lots of compacted screwed up paper, bubble wrap or anything that will keep the item/s in place. We always treat fragile deliveries with the utmost care but it’s best to be extra prepared.
• Any old addresses or barcodes on the box should be taken off/covered/blacked out with a marker pen to avoid confusion.
Expressair International and GDPR Compliance
Further to the GDPR regulations which come into force on May 25th 2018, we would like to assure you that Expressair International is fully GDPR compliant.
Our guarantee to you, as a client is that whilst we are a processor of your shipment data, we will only ever use the shipment and address data you provide us with, for the sole purpose of performing the deliveries, collections and logistical services on your behalf.
We will never pass on your data; corporate or personal for third party marketing purposes.
We do pass on data to our delivery partners in order to achieve delivery commitments. They will act as processors on our behalf and are bound by the same restrictions.
With reference to specific areas where compliance is required.
• Our Data Protection Policy is in place.
• We provide initial and on-going GDPR awareness training to our staff.
• We have implemented the appropriate security measures to protect our data.
• Our on-site and off-site data processing, storage and backup systems (both manual and computerised) are secure, and GDPR compliant.
• We have set processes in place that allow the subjects of the data we hold the right of access, rectification and erasure (within the relevant HMRC statutory requirements).
• We hold very little personal data, but where we do appropriate steps are taken to ensure it is anonymous wherever possible.
• We have set retention policies, again based around largely around HMRC requirements, for the archiving and scheduled destruction of data.
• We have written agreements in place with our delivery agents to ensure that they are GDPR compliant.
• We have a set process for recording and immediately reporting any data breach that we become aware of.
Hopefully, this covers areas of concern. Should you wish to discuss our GDPR compliance in more details please send a message to email@example.com or get in touch with Michael Townsend or myself directly.